GHCA Boat Launch
The Civic Association owns and maintains a boat launch on Green Hill Pond, accessible from lower Green Hill Beach Road (signs mark the entrance), and suitable for launching canoes, kayaks, and other small, shallow-draft craft for use on the ponds (Green Hill and Ninigret, connected by a channel at Charlestown Beach Road). Use of the boat launch area is restricted to current members (i.e., dues paid) of GHCA and their tenants and guests. Member boats must display a current calendar-year sticker, obtainable each summer from the Chair of the Boat Launch committee (see list of current officers) once GHCA annual dues are paid.
Boat Launch use regulations are as follows:
1. Use of the Boat Launch is restricted to current paid members and their tenants/guests.
2. Current members may store their boats (hulls/masts only) at the launch area from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. Boat accessories and non-boat items may not be left at the launch. All boats stored at the launch must display a current-year sticker on the starboard bow. Because demand often exceeds space, each member household may receive two (2) stickers per dues year.
3. No parking in the launch or approach road. Parking on GHB road near the launch is NOT provided for by the town – park at your own risk; towing is enforced by the town.
4. Watercraft may not be left at anchor or on moorings; storage is on land only.
5. The launch site is to be kept open for boaters' access to the pond. It is not a location for picnicking, sunbathing, beach chairs, etc.
6. Take your trash and garbage with you when leaving the launch area. There is no refuse pickup at the site.
7. Remove all boats by Columbus Day each year. There is no over-wintering of watercraft at the launch area. Craft left at the launch after Columbus Day will be removed and donated to a worthy organization.
8. GHCA is not responsible for any watercraft or other items left at the launch.